Thursday, October 3, 2013

Issue 2 – Future Landfill planning



Issue 2 – Future Landfill planning

It seems I am the only candidate have concerns on the landfill lifespan in our city.  I found the following quote from a paper published by the Waste & recycling services of City

Quote”
The three City owned landfills have a combined capacity of approximately 28 years at the current rate of growth and waste production.
“Unquote

The paper was published on 2007 and that means we have a little bit over 20 years to deal with the issue.  Handling urban waste is a difficult and complicated problem for all cities in the world, and I don’t think a better solution for the problem will drop from the sky.

I will urge the council to start working on this issue when I get elected and I need voters with vision and insight to support me on this, otherwise it may be already too late when we found that all our landfills are going filled up in few years!


No comments:

Post a Comment